Crawfish, Andouille and Corn Bisque

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
This soup is for a family Christmas Party tomorrow. I was already tasked with cooking the Chicken and andouille Gumbo, but I was craving shrimp and corn soup! But Can't cook any shrimp for the main meal because we have some in the family that are allergic to shrimp.....so.....I improvised. Substituted crawfish for the shrimp and added in diced Andouille. I followed the recipe basically
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/louisiana-shrimp-and-corn-bisque.317881/#post-2372751
but used all red bell pepper, little more crab boil, little less sherry wine...

Trinity, 1# butter and 1lg. bay leaf inda pot..
IMG_20221216_163123.jpg

Then diced andouille...
IMG_20221216_164155.jpg

The Louisiana Crawfish...
IMG_20221216_164659.jpg

from Mamou..
IMG_20221216_164703.jpg

Corn inda pot..
IMG_20221216_165328.jpg

Makin the white roux with 2 cups flour...
IMG_20221216_170345.jpg

Add the stock, then mudbugs and heat to boil, lower to simmer for 10 minutes, then add the heavy cream...
IMG_20221216_173924.jpg

Add the herbs and sherry wine and it's done!
IMG_20221216_180531.jpg

Had to sample a cup!!
IMG_20221216_180641.jpg

Real good. Nice change up to accommodate those with shrimp allergies. Should be a hit at the party. And I made traditional chicken and andouille gumbo for those that don't really care for crawfish.....so all bases covered!

Last edited:
That soup looks like money. Nice job.

Damn Keith! I'd hit that hard. That last shot in the mug looks amazing

Wow, looks so good!!

Nice job Keith, I’d be all over that… So what time is said party? Did you know you have a horizontally challenged redneck relative from SE ID!?! 😉
Thanks guys! This one might be better than shrimp and corn soup....but it is a really tough call. Good change up though.

Boy does that bisque look good. Nicely done Keith

Point for sure
Chris

That is a pot full of goodness, Keith!! I have your shrimp recipe on my radar already and it is going to happen...

This soup is for a family Christmas Party tomorrow. I was already tasked with cooking the Chicken and andouille Gumbo, but I was craving shrimp and corn soup! But Can't cook any shrimp for the main meal because we have some in the family that are allergic to shrimp.....so.....I improvised. Substituted crawfish for the shrimp and added in diced Andouille. I followed the recipe basically
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/louisiana-shrimp-and-corn-bisque.317881/#post-2372751
but used all red bell pepper, little more crab boil, little less sherry wine...

Trinity, 1# butter and 1lg. bay leaf inda pot..
View attachment 651366

Then diced andouille...
View attachment 651367

The Louisiana Crawfish...
View attachment 651368
from Mamou..
View attachment 651369

Corn inda pot..
View attachment 651370

Makin the white roux with 2 cups flour...
View attachment 651372

Add the stock, then mudbugs and heat to boil, lower to simmer for 10 minutes, then add the heavy cream...
View attachment 651371

Add the herbs and sherry wine and it's done!
View attachment 651373

Had to sample a cup!!
View attachment 651375

Real good. Nice change up to accommodate those with shrimp allergies. Should be a hit at the party. And I made traditional chicken and andouille gumbo for those that don't really care for crawfish.....so all bases covered!
Please clarify why the one family member can't have shrimp, If they are anaphylactic like I am, crayfish will also send them into the hospital with a reaction. A shellfish allergy comes from anything with an exoskeleton, shrimp, crab, lobster, crayfish.

Please clarify why the one family member can't have shrimp, If they are anaphylactic like I am, crayfish will also send them into the hospital with a reaction. A shellfish allergy comes from anything with an exoskeleton, shrimp, crab, lobster, crayfish.
Dunno clifish....I was told they can eat crab, crawfish, and oysters,,,but no shrimp because of an allergy to shrimp. That's all I know.

Oh man that’s perfect! Fresh water bugs are the best! Can’t wait to get the pots in the water this spring…..just love them things!

Reactions: indaswamp
Dunno clifish....I was told they can eat crab, crawfish, and oysters,,,but no shrimp because of an allergy to shrimp. That's all I know.
anything is possible, I can eat oysters/clams but they are not considered the same kind of shellfish. Hell, I was taken to the hospital via ambulance 2 weeks ago eating in a restaurant that does not even have shellfish on the menu. The fish I had must have been cross contaminated.

Anyway, make sure they bring benadryl and an epi-pen just in case. Meal does sound good though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky