CrankyBuzzards Swedish Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The fried potatoes & bacon got me! That's how we do Kielbasa.Of course we'd add onions..
Never thought about poaching; I would have just packaged and cooked it as "fresh". Sounds like something good to try!
Gosh, another recipe to try, and the Mrs. is saying " No more sausage because the freezer is full!". (sigh)

The fried potatoes & bacon got me! That's how we do Kielbasa.Of course we'd add onions..
Never thought about poaching; I would have just packaged and cooked it as "fresh". Sounds like something good to try!
Gosh, another recipe to try, and the Mrs. is saying " No more sausage because the freezer is full!". (sigh)

This is great for small batches! At least that's what I tell my bride!

Of course you could do like some others, have 3 frig/freezers in the garage! :ROTF

When I was younger I worked at a small grocery store in the meat department. Every year around Christmas an older gentleman, who worked part time as a meat cutter would come in and make a batch of potato sausage. I have been looking for a good recipe to try. I stumbled across this thread and gave it a shot today. 

I am IMPRESSED! 

The flavor of this was better than I remember from eating it in the past. A very simple, yet delicious recipe to try. 

Thank you for posting!

When I was younger I worked at a small grocery store in the meat department. Every year around Christmas an older gentleman, who worked part time as a meat cutter would come in and make a batch of potato sausage. I have been looking for a good recipe to try. I stumbled across this thread and gave it a shot today. 

I am IMPRESSED! 

The flavor of this was better than I remember from eating it in the past. A very simple, yet delicious recipe to try. 

Thank you for posting!

Glad you liked the recipe! The original recipe I have is hand written by my "grandmother", Karin Bengtsson. We called her grandma, but she was actually a great aunt. I never knew that until I was in my teens.

I make potatis korv several times a year since we all like it so much.

Glad you liked the recipe! The original recipe I have is hand written by my "grandmother", Karin Bengtsson. We called her grandma, but she was actually a great aunt. I never knew that until I was in my teens.

I make potatis korv several times a year since we all like it so much.
This is great! Always a holiday tradition at our family table as well. We’ve never used beef in ours, only pork shoulder, onion, potato, salt, pepper, and allspice. I’ll sneak some garlic in there too if I can get away with it. I think I’m going to try smoking it. We’ve always boiled it as tradition warrants. Thanks for posting. Skål!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky