crab claw meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Claw meat is Tasty and has a stronger flavor that Backfin. This recipe i developed for a restaurant i was running. The ingredients stand up to the Claw flavor...JJ

Smoked Crab Cakes...Thriller not Filler!

2Lb Crab Meat...picked over to remove any shell fragments...Try using a Black Light...Makes 'em GLOW!
2lg Eggs
1 C Real Mayo,
1C Panko Bread crumbs or 1/2C Plain or Seasoned Bread Crumbs. Add more if too wet to hold shape.
1/2C Scallion...Fine dice, about six each
1/2C Roasted/Peeled Red Pepper... Fine dice, one medium
2T Roasted Garlic...About 8-10 cloves mashed
2tsp Old Bay
1/2tsp Black Pepper
1T Lemon Juice

Cut the top off a head of Garlic place on Foil, drizzle with Olive Oil. Wrap the foil tightly around the garlic and roast at 350°F until soft and golden brown, about 1 hour. Let cool and squeeze the head to extract all the cloves. Mash with a fork.
Combine all but the Crab and rest 15 minutes for flavors to develop and Bread Crumbs to soften.
Gently fold in Crab Meat.

Measure out 4 ounce portions and form cakes. Place cakes on one of A-MAZE-N Products Q-MATZ or parchment lined sheet pan and smoke at 275 to 300°F 30 to 40 minutes with a mild smoke to an IT of 150°F.
Or Bake in a 350°F Oven to an Internal Temp (IT) of 150°F or until golden brown. These are good Pan Fried too...

Makes about 12 each...JJ

The Crab Dip I make:

Melt a stick of unsalted butter
Saute 3/4 cup very finely diced onion until translucent
Add 1@8oz cream cheese bar
Add 8oz shredded smoked Gouda
After melted, stir in:
1 lb crab meat
1/2 t salt
1 T sherry
dash tabasco or Franks
dash cayenne pepper

Baguette sliced ~1/4” thick
Paint with EVOO
Sprinkle with sea salt
Bake or toast until lightly browned

Reactions: chef jimmyj
+1 on the black light tip ... never woulda thought of that ... too bad tossed that out with my college days posters

Claw meat is Tasty and has a stronger flavor that Backfin. This recipe i developed for a restaurant i was running. The ingredients stand up to the Claw flavor...JJ

2Lb Crab Meat...picked over to remove any shell fragments...Try using a Black Light...Makes 'em GLOW!
2lg Eggs
1 C Real Mayo,
1C Panko Bread crumbs or 1/2C Plain or Seasoned Bread Crumbs. Add more if too wet to hold shape.
2tsp Old Bay
1/2tsp Black Pepper
1T Lemon Juice

Cut the top off a head of Garlic place on Foil, drizzle with Olive Oil. Wrap the foil tightly around the garlic and roast at 350°F until soft and golden brown, about 1 hour. Let cool and squeeze the head to extract all the cloves. Mash with a fork.
Combine all but the Crab and rest 15 minutes for flavors to develop and Bread Crumbs to soften.

Measure out 4 ounce portions and form cakes. Place cakes on one of A-MAZE-N Products Q-MATZ or parchment lined sheet pan and smoke at 275 to 300°F 30 to 40 minutes with a mild smoke to an IT of 150°F.
Or Bake in a 350°F Oven to an Internal Temp (IT) of 150°F or until golden brown. These are good Pan Fried too...

Makes about 12 each...JJ
thanks jj definetley going to try this

2lg Eggs
1 C Real Mayo,
2tsp Old Bay
1/2tsp Black Pepper
1T Lemon Juice

Makes about 12 each...JJ

2lg Eggs
1 C Real Mayo,
2tsp Old Bay
1/2tsp Black Pepper
1T Lemon Juice

Makes about 12 each...JJ
jj finally got around to trying this they are great eating them as i type. i did them in the air fryer 350 for 20 min excellent thanks for the recipie!

Thank you for the follow up. I am so glad you made a d enjoyed that recipe. Fried or Broiled, they are tasty and a change from the usual Maryland Basic recipe....JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky