COVID

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Who's had it, if anyone, and how did you fair? Wife and I tested positive on Valentine's Day. She's doing just fine, but Rona is whipping on my butt some today, definitely not 100% on my 'A' game. I felt good until last night and I'm trying to keep moving, but I think I'm going to bed....

Reactions: ChrisLane
Need to keep moving. Brother in law had it and spent 10 days in the ICU with covid induced double pneumonia. That was 2 months ago and he still requires oxygen. He's 50. My wife grandfather had it. He's 90 and was mildly sick and recovered fast. Praying for a fast recovery and mild sickness at the worst bud

Never had it ourselves, at least that we know of but son in law had it, lost sense of taste and smell and was kinda tired for a couple days. Daughter never got it and they live in a small 2 bedroom house with no basement. Most others I know that had it was mostly like a slight touch of flu and bit of sore throat, some loss of taste, smell to varying degrees. Wish ya well and a speedy recovery!

Ryan

Mom had and 3 weeks- 1 week mild-1 week sucked but still home- 1 week mild (She is 60)
Cousins-2 college headaches; late 40's 4 weeks of feeling like crap
Neighbors ex- early 40's- 9 day coma, lost eyesight permanent in one eye
Seems so random to me. Wishing you the best and hopefully just mild symptoms.

We all had it over Christmas. Wife and I are both 50. My mom (74) had sinus pressure as did my wife, that was all. I had flue like symptoms achy chills and fever for 2 days. That was it. Our 2 teenage boys had zero symptoms.

Hope you fare well. Everyone I have talked to that has had rona all seem to experience different symptoms. Most everyone I know in town has had it. Young and old. No serious problems. Hope it’s the same for you.

My brother had it and it put him flat on his back for 10 days. Extreme fatigue, aches, sinus congestion and sever headaches. One day of vomiting unable to keep anything down. He did partially lose taste and smell but gained back rapidly. Buddy and his family had it. Him and his wife sucks with similar symptoms as my brother but less severe. Did lose taste and smell completey and still not right over a month later. I know another guy had it and it kicked his and his wife’s butt for 3 weeks. She has issues now a month later with blood clots. Doctor told him that anyone who even had a mild case should pay particular attention to clotting. She noticed pain in calf that was a clot.

It never hit me very hard but I had a nagging and annoying cough that lasted for about 5 weeks. Now 9 months later I still cough some without warning.

It never hit me very hard but I had a nagging and annoying cough that lasted for about 5 weeks. Now 9 months later I still cough some without warning.
Not sure if it's covid related or not, but our daughter and SIL had those very same symptoms in December of 19 before all this really broke, the same as you for about 5 weeks. Some other friends same thing. We wondered if it was possibly covid after this all started in 20. Especially after we heard the Red Cross started finding antibodies in donated blood from the end of 19.

Ryan

I had it early. I caught it in New York while visiting in March the week the city shut down and started feeling it two days after I returned. It was really bad. Was taken to the hospital since I couldn't breathe but discharged since they had no clue how to treat it. Luckily I recovered after 6 weeks. Take care and don't push i. Let your body recover.

Not sure if it's covid related or not, but our daughter and SIL had those very same symptoms in December of 19 before all this really broke, the same as you for about 5 weeks. Some other friends same thing. We wondered if it was possibly covid after this all started in 20. Especially after we heard the Red Cross started finding antibodies in donated blood from the end of 19.

Ryan
Probably did have it I was early April did have flu symptoms two evenings and sense of smell was way off for a few days. Me and my boss both had it and we were mandatory 60 hour weeks at work and I never felt bad enough to stay home felt good actually.

We've been able to dodge it, but many friends and neighbors have had various degrees of complaints. Some entire families caught it, in other cases just one family member. My next door neighbor passed after a vicious battle of 3 weeks on a ventilator.

We both have vaccination appointments on Saturday.

Neither of us has had it, but the Wife had a few weeks back in late 2019 of severe coughing like mentioned above. Still occasional bouts but not like in 2019. A few relatives 2 in early 60's and 2 early 40's had it. The 2 older had about 3 weeks at home heavily medicated and got over it. The younger were without symptoms.
I currently have a mild headcold for 2 days. If it gets worse tomorrow, I'll see if I can get tested. No major symptoms, and it's exactly like my one to 2 times a year headcold I usually have gotten the last 20 + years.

Praying for your safe recovery.

My wife and I haven't had it that we know of. We both caught some colds, everyone said "you should get tested". We sort of just shrugged our shoulders and let nature do her thing and decided if it got worse we'd go somewhere. Got better in a few days... don't know if it was COVID or not.
Many members of my family have had it as well, nobody with more than flu symptoms for a week... all is fine.

Best of luck to you and yours. I'm sure you'll keep us posted.

Need to keep moving. Brother in law had it and spent 10 days in the ICU with covid induced double pneumonia. That was 2 months ago and he still requires oxygen. He's 50. My wife grandfather had it. He's 90 and was mildly sick and recovered fast. Praying for a fast recovery and mild sickness at the worst bud
Wow--Can't believe your brother in law. Bless his heart

I haven’t had it that I am aware of. If I did, I was asymptomatic. I work in the healthcare field so I’ve been in direct contact with covid+ patients. It’s crazy how it effects people differently.

My father passed away in December after contracting it. He was in ICU for two weeks.

My youngest son and his lady friend both had it. She is a teacher and had to get tested for a runny nose, and tested positive. that was about the extent of her symptoms. She convinced my son with no symptoms to get tested, he tested positive. Both are just fine now. But, I did have two aunts die from it. One was 98, and the other was 94.

I quit tracking when I had 30 cases logged. It seems to hit hard on random people and especially hard if you have one of the underlying conditions.

I know 10 people that went to Florida early on, July 2020, (two van loads to avoid flying) and they all came back with it. One was hospitalized (several underlying conditions) and fully recovered. The rest were asymptomatic to mild symptoms.

My brother in law (70 y.o.) had full on bronchitis with it. He coughed for 8 solid days and was then really lethargic for another two weeks. Fully recovered now. Everyone else including my wife and me was more on the order of a head/chest cold to asymptomatic.

Take care of yourself and get better soon. Talk with your doc often!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky