COVID

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thought I would add to this old thread. The wife and I got vaxxed in April. Pfizer.

Last week, Tuesday, I had allergy like symptoms for a day and a half then it turned into what I thought was the flu. A couple of hours later it got bad. It was like a step from pneumonia for a couple of days. Then, Saturday, I noticed I lost taste/smell…and maybe felt a bit better. I became a statistic, a “breakthrough” case of COVID. Wife has no symptoms at all. Hopefully the vaccine is doings its job for her. IMHO - It’s impossible to live in a house with someone and they not be exposed.

Talking to my Doc friends, they are saying about 5% of the hospitalizations are from breakthrough cases. The good news according to the Doc’s, for the breakthrough cases, is they tend to not get as sick and recover faster than non-vaxxed patients.

Today is day 6 since first had symptoms…and I am definitely getting better. Quarantine ends Saturday (ugh!)

Sounds like you're gonna pull out of it, Eddie!!
Prayers from Macungie!!

Bear

Reactions: uncle eddie
The good news is.... In my state 'breakthrough' cases are a little less than 3% and hospitalizations are rare, most people recover at home. The bad news is Wyoming has one of the lowest vaccination percentages in the nation and it shows. For example two weeks ago a friend and his wife took his parents to a wedding. I don't know the total number of cases from that event, but all 4 got COVID, the in-laws were hospitalized and the father passed away after two days, the mother was in a bad way but is now out and both my friends were very sick for about 8 days.

did you have and high morbidity conditions or were you a healthy Joe ?

I am a “healthy Joe”

the only high risk ‘checkboxes’ are…61 years old (over 60) and high blood pressure (but it is treated and treated high blood pressure is NOT a checkbox risk.)

I am a “healthy Joe”

the only high risk ‘checkboxes’ are…61 years old (over 60) and high blood pressure (but it is treated and treated high blood pressure is NOT a checkbox risk.)
Dang. That’s scary. I guess De La Hoya got breakthrough too but he ended up in hospital I’m glad you are doing ok

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky