Covid Vaccine ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a kid growing up, I was vaccinated against everything they had a vaccine for. I've never come down with any of those killer diseases. Because of good luck or the vaccine?? I'll never know. But the way I see it, what's one more vaccination?? If it works or if my luck simply holds, the fact that I'm still healthy is what counts. I mean really, it's just a couple of shots--no big deal. And if, by getting vaccinated, I can help stop the spread from killing just one kid, I'll happily get a couple of shots. And you have no idea just how much this child HATES NEEDLES!!!!
Gary

When I was a kid growing up, I was vaccinated against everything they had a vaccine for. I've never come down with any of those killer diseases. Because of good luck or the vaccine?? I'll never know. But the way I see it, what's one more vaccination?? If it works or if my luck simply holds, the fact that I'm still healthy is what counts. I mean really, it's just a couple of shots--no big deal. And if, by getting vaccinated, I can help stop the spread from killing just one kid, I'll happily get a couple of shots. And you have no idea just how much this child HATES NEEDLES!!!!
Gary

I kinda got used to shots in the Army:
First it was the big guns they used on us in Basic Training. Then every time we moved from one base to another somebody was sticking your arm with something.
The best one was when I cleared out of Vietnam. I had to report to the Medical unit, and they said I needed 5 shots before I could leave. So this SP5 (My same Rank) came up behind me & smacked my arm----I didn't even feel the needle. Then he said "That's it, you're done". I said "No, they said I need 5 shots". He said "I just gave you 5", and he stood there with 5 needles between various fingers, and he had pressed all the plungers with the base of his thumb at the same time!!!

Bear

I kinda got used to shots in the Army:
First it was the big guns they used on us in Basic Training. Then every time we moved from one base to another somebody was sticking your arm with something.

You ain't kidding!Basic was an assembly line of shots.

Reactions: Bearcarver
The best one was when I cleared out of Vietnam. I had to report to the Medical unit, and they said I needed 5 shots before I could leave. So this SP5 (My same Rank) came up behind me & smacked my arm----I didn't even feel the needle. Then he said "That's it, you're done". I said "No, they said I need 5 shots". He said "I just gave you 5", and he stood there with 5 needles between various fingers, and he had pressed all the plungers with the base of his thumb at the same time!!!

Bear
Wow!! That's amazing. That takes real skill.
Gary

Reactions: Bearcarver
I wasn't going to get it but figured with the millions of people out there who'd already gone before me, if there were issues with it, we'da known by now so that the heck

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finally got my second shot of Moderna--no side effects except my arm is a bit sorer than it was with the first. Miss Linda and my step-daughter can book their second shot of Pfyser in 8 days. That leaves only my 3 year old grandson and they're already testing on kids that young. So as soon as it's available he'll get his shot too That covers the whole family.
Gary

Both my wife and I actually got the covid late last year, however, we did not get it too bad. We thought we had a bad cold, but the symptoms were different enough so that she had us both tested. We must have been infected close or at the same time because our symptoms were on the same timeline. We are now both done with both vaccinations, and hope that the reports are true about how long it lasts, and that it works for all the current variants.

I was able to finally get my first shot last Tuesday (Moderna), 2nd shot the 29th June.

My wife got her shots as soon as they were available to her as she was in a high risk category.

I have had a compromised immune system due to an aggressive cancer treatment I went through for 7-8 weeks earlier in the year, so I had to wait until the doctor said it was OK.

And I too have had all the typical vaccines as a youth and also the multitude of usual shots in the navy....

John

Both my wife and I actually got the covid late last year, however, we did not get it too bad. We thought we had a bad cold, but the symptoms were different enough so that she had us both tested. We must have been infected close or at the same time because our symptoms were on the same timeline. We are now both done with both vaccinations, and hope that the reports are true about how long it lasts, and that it works for all the current variants.

The latest testing shows that 2 shots of Moderna or Pfyzer give just above 80% protection against varients--including the one from India. That was nice to hear.
Gary

Well I finally got my second shot of Moderna--no side effects except my arm is a bit sorer than it was with the first. Miss Linda and my step-daughter can book their second shot of Pfyser in 8 days. That leaves only my 3 year old grandson and they're already testing on kids that young. So as soon as it's available he'll get his shot too That covers the whole family.
Gary
Please, Please watch this report from former VP of Pfizer. before thinking of children.
https://generaldispatch.whatfinger....s-more-likely-to-die-from-vaccine-than-virus/

Please, Please watch this report from former VP of Pfizer. before thinking of children.
https://generaldispatch.whatfinger....s-more-likely-to-die-from-vaccine-than-virus/

It's Phony stories like that, from Yeadon that make it hard to get people to do the right thing, in getting Vaccinated for Covid-19.
Here is the "Fact-Check" from "Snopes":

Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky