Cover for MB Cold Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin' Em

Original poster
Nov 3, 2021
Hi, I'm new to this forum and just got my MES 30 with the cold smoker attachment. I bought a cover for my MES, but was wondering what people use to cover the cold smoker attachment? Or do you remove it after each use? That seems like it'd be a pain. Thanks for any suggestions!

I've had this unicook a few years. There are four sizes and make sure you measure the outside dimensions including the rear handle if you have one. My PID and other pit sensors stays outside over many years as the contrller is inside. So the cover just protects probe plugs and keeps bird shit, debris and bugs away.
Unicook Electric Smoker Cover, Vertical Smoker Cover, Heavy Duty Waterproof BBQ Grill Cover, Fade and UV Resistant Material, Fits Masterbuilt 40 Inch Electric Smokers and More, 28" W x 22" D x 39" H

Reactions: Smokin' Em
I have my MES 40 and Auber unit, etc on a Cart, and I use this cover, which fits perfectly.

I'd cut a top piece out of 1/4" piece of plywood just wide enough that a vertical line down just clears the added smoker box...MES40 size might do the trick. Then get a cheap rectangular cover as Dr K recommends that's just that wide. That way, things are flat across the top and the cover sits nicely without any sagging. Looks better and lasts longer.
The idea is you remove it for cooking; you store it like you do the cover. Alternately, you could make a permanent top shelf for the unit (out of 2x4 & 2x6)
Whether temp or permanent, belt-sand the edges of this top shelf so there's a generous radius where the cover falls over the edges...that reduced stress on the cover will make it last longer too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky