Couple questions on the 560

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gbobucsfan

Original poster
Feb 21, 2022
I just purchased the MBGS 560 from HD. It was on clearance for $350. It is last years' model though. So my first question is, what is the most crucial mod for the previous years' model? From just looking at the 2 models, the main difference is the manifold looks slanted on the newer models. Any other big differences? I have an email in to Lou's SS to see if his mods work on the older models.

Question 2
What is your seasoning method when you first purchased your MBGS?

Thanks in advance!

Mods aren't needed at the most maybe the switches get bypassed eventually. Or Throw some foil on the underside of the top firebox lid. I used flat rope gasket and rutland sealer on my firebox doors and lava lock on the lid but not really necessary. Follow the instructions in the manual for seasoning and burn off. Burn off is 1000% important to burn off all the grease these things are packed with.

I second that most mods are not necessary. I have had mine going for almost a year and the only mod I have done is added a "shelf" with expanded metal in the ash bin so I can throw chunks of wood in there and they don't get smothered by ashes.
Otherwise, I haven't had any of the switch issues or other gremlins I have seen people have. I got mine from a pallet liquidation seller on Facebook market place for $300 brand new in the box. The body had a dent in the rear but no body sees the back so I didn't care. Works like a charm.

Reactions: dow
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky