Couple of Old School Butt's

Discussion in 'Pork' started by smokefarmer, Aug 21, 2011.

1. smokefarmer

smokefarmer Newbie

I had sold my house on a lease option 2 years ago and got it back recently so I got a chance to cook on my old school cooker that I used to cook whole hogs on,when I built it I made where I could section it off for smaller cook outs.

I rubbed 2 butts with Jeffs Rub and smoked them to a internal temp of 180 finishing with Jeffs Sauce and let it rest for about an hour.I started with charcoal and just added hickory to it for smoke,I only had a meat probe with me so not sure what temp it cooked at but figure it was around 350.The money muscle sliced nice and the rest pulled nice.It was real tasty!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

Looks great.More pictures and details pretty please.

3. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

X 2 ! 

4. smokefarmer

smokefarmer Newbie

Unfortunaetly my camera battery died and I didn't get a shot of the finished product,It was real simple didn't worry about cooking temp just kept a fire going in the end by the door and took it off at 180 and wrapped it and let it rest for a hour,this reminded me about "keep it simple stupid" I think we all worry about keeping a tempature perfect way to much,it tasted as good or better than any I have done on any of my other smokers.

5. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

smoker looks interesting   so i thought i'd throw you a couple of real old school butts

[​IMG]

6. smokefarmer

smokefarmer Newbie

L M A O !!!

7. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Awesome smoker!