Couple Different Chili's On a Cool Weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow John...both of those look REALLY good!! I'll take 2 huge bows of the Texas chili, one huge bowl of the turkey version....and some corn bread please. Excellent job buddy. I've done a very similar chili as your Texas version and it takes a considerable amount of time and work. Well worth it in the end though. Great job my friend.

Robert

Thanks Robert! That beef chili took quite awhile but as well worth it in the end! I was actually going to make corn bread for this and I had forgotten until about 5 minutes before all of this was done. Said screw it and rolled no corn bread but def on the menu for next time.

Looks delicious! Had to be tasty, especially in cool weather! We never have corn chips on hand so I'm usually stuck with crackers but I'd gladly go for a bowl of each.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan! Def got to hit the fritos and stash them away for the next chili day!

John those both look delicious!! That sauce made with the guajillo and Arbol can be used in many Mexican style dishes for sure. I love it. The turkey chili look out of this world good too.

Thanks Jeff! I plan to make a batch and keep it on hand for Mexican dishes. Tacos, Quesadillas, and Chinchillas
kRDT7Pd.gif

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Both look great. Gotta try Chili with Cornbread. We usually eat Chili and Toppings, by the bowl, over Rice or even Cincinnati Style, over Spaghetti. My recipe pretty much combines the two. Beef Chucks and Ground Beef. Only two of us like beans so an hour into the cook, I ladle off a couple of cups of the Chili Gravy into a pot of drained, canned Pinto or other, Beans and let that simmer until the beans are very tender and the gravy is thick...JJ

Thanks Jimmy. Your chili sounds great!

Definitely going to give it a try. I know I have guajillo pepper but I'll have to get some arbol.

I am sure you could go with just the guajillo's. I just threw the arbol's in there because I had them on hand and I think they give it a little more heat than just the guajillo's. Either way I don't think you can go wrong!

Reactions: Sowsage
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky