Country Style Ribs... 3-2-was afraid to do 1!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by jerry reddick, Sep 30, 2013.

1. I did some CSR yesterday and followed 2/3 of the 3-2-1.  I was honestly afraid of drying them out so rather than open and put them on for the last hour with some finishing sauce I applied some and just left them to sit wrapped in the foil on the counter until dinner time.

I think they came out really well.  Tender and flavorful.  I am not a big fan of them but my wife is.  Since the first ones I smoked about a month ago, not following 3-2-1, came out like jerky I told her I would try again.  She loved them.  To me that is all that counts at this time.  :)

Brined overnight

Finished product... sorry it is out of focus.  I did not realize it was and everyone was chomping at the bit to eat.

2. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks Great, Jerry!!!

Last time I did them, like You I did the 3-2, but then I fired up my Weber "Q" and flipped them on there, just long enough to give them a little sear with some BBQ sauce for some scorched in flavor.

Bear

3. Thanks Bear!  I will have to give that a go next time with giving  them a bit of time on the Q after opening them!

4. smoke slinger

smoke slinger Smoking Fanatic

I did some a while back using Bear's method and they came out pretty good. County Style Ribs are some of the best in my opinion.

5. dave17a

dave17a Smoking Fanatic

Did some while back soaking in cherry DR Pepper. Just a wrap in the end. Good and tender. Never was much of a fan of CSR's till that. But never brined them before or much of nuthin till reading here. Great site.

6. Looking good!

7. rcwbud

rcwbud Fire Starter

Jerry, I do them here too and I love them. I tried to do the 3-2-1 deal but they were really tender at two hours so I wrapped them for a couple and they were perfect. I was very surprised by how they turned out and how good they were. I am now a big fan of country style ribs.