Country ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bow-chan

Original poster
Nov 11, 2013
Yuma, AZ
So I picked up some country ribs at the local store today.

I knew they were not for dinner today, but I wanted to smoke them for use this week for making other things. With that in mind, I kept the seasoning pretty basic: Salt, Pepper, and Powdered Ginger.

I threw them on about 3:30 this afternoon, and plan on removing them around midnight The ECB has been pretty temperamental about holding temps today, and I have been babysitting it...I  was using the Minion Method, until the ECB started having its own way with things...

I'm using B&B Lump and Hickory chunks

I would post some pics.... but I ain't lifting the lid... ;)

9 hours -15:30 - ~00:30

Temps between 200 and 300.. Most times it will settle down and cruise around 225-250

Salt, Pepper, and Ground Ginger on the pork

Top Grate

Just water in the pan

At in the last hour, I used the remainder on my Yakitori Glaze on it (see the grilled chicken section for more information)

They smell great, and will probably be used for soup, pasta, breakfast, etc

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky