Costco Prime Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome!!
My All-Time Favorite!!!
The only way I can get them with that much meat on is to buy the Prime Rib & cut my own from that.
That's the most meat I've ever seen from any Store Cut.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! I don’t usually see them this nice either.

Great job on those beef ribs!
Well, everything looks great!
Congratulations on taking the carousel for a spin!!
Thanks Smoke!

That is the most meat I've ever seen on a beef rib. Looks amazing!
Thanks sky monkey!

Awesome! Beef ribs is one of my favorites. Don't normally find them that nice around here though.
Thanks brett, I wish I always had access to ribs like this, they are rare!

Absolutely beautiful looking ribs! If I could ever find anything close to that, my smoker would never stop. That's all I'd eat!
Thanks noboundaries, here too. Beef ribs are an absolute favorite of mine.

Awesome looking meal Saint. The salad, the greens, and especially the ribs! These have been on my "to-do" list all summer and this post just pushed me over the edge! thanks.

Looks amazing!! Good work. Me and beef ribs have yet to get along. My Costco needs to get it's act together. They never have anything out of the ordinary and they don't even carry bone in boston butts. It's really annoying. I have to wait until they are on sale at Publix or drive 30 minutes to a butcher shop that carries big butts for a solid price.

Looks amazing!! Good work. Me and beef ribs have yet to get along. My Costco needs to get it's act together. They never have anything out of the ordinary and they don't even carry bone in boston butts. It's really annoying. I have to wait until they are on sale at Publix or drive 30 minutes to a butcher shop that carries big butts for a solid price.
My Costco is the same with Boston butt (only boneless and it annoys me). The beef ribs aren’t all the time. What I’ve learned is Friday’s are good for things like beef ribs, standing rib roasts & cowboy ribeyes. Ask the meat manager about it, they may have special days where they put them out.

Reactions: noboundaries
What I’ve learned is Friday’s are good for things like beef ribs, standing rib roasts & cowboy ribeyes. Ask the meat manager about it, they may have special days where they put them out.

That's great advice! I recently switched Costco locations for shopping because the closest one I was using was always a zoo. Guess I'll have to get to know the meat manager at my new shopping choice.

Those are my favorite...I picked some up at Costco (MN) last week. I used to just go the the grocery store and ask the butcher for "uncut beef ribs" and he would bring them out in a cryovac package. If Costco is going to carry them going forward...that would be awesome.

Reactions: 73saint
I found what I thought was an OK deal for beef plate ribs at Costco, realizing when I looked at them in the vaccum seal pack they were not from the chuck. I still thought they seemed a little thin but never bought them vacuum sealed before, & I was at Costco so I had no expectation of what was to come. I did not expect that about 1/4 of the top/meat side would be all fat/gristle (no meat) or what happened on the smoker. The picture is only about 4 hours in, between 275-300 on a stick burner. I bought 4 total, 2 to do at my families & 2 to take back home since we are an hour away from a Costco. We are returning the other 2 this afternoon. What a major disappointment.

Attachments

• IMG_20211220_121331.jpg
    IMG_20211220_121331.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20211219_111523.jpg
    IMG_20211219_111523.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 21
I found what I thought was an OK deal for beef plate ribs at Costco, realizing when I looked at them in the vaccum seal pack they were not from the chuck. I still thought they seemed a little thin but never bought them vacuum sealed before, & I was at Costco so I had no expectation of what was to come. I did not expect that about 1/4 of the top/meat side would be all fat/gristle (no meat) or what happened on the smoker. The picture is only about 4 hours in, between 275-300 on a stick burner. I bought 4 total, 2 to do at my families & 2 to take back home since we are an hour away from a Costco. We are returning the other 2 this afternoon. What a major disappointment.

that's all I see at Costco now...three bone choice...they used to have 4 bone prime....

I think that's more normal than the ones with a decent amount of meat on them.
I see them where they actually cut a "V" in to get the meat out from between the bones!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky