Costco or Sam's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Sams or Costco

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I prefer Costco meat selection. In my area anyways, Sam's sells choice meat ay the same price Costco sells prime .

But they're two different animals.

Sam's is for those who like to buy name brand in bulk. Costco are for those who like to buy a lot of brands you don't see else where. Specifically their Kirkland brand which they tout as a premium brand.

Incant really speak to the truth of that or not because I buy only very limited things at Costco.

Just like Sam's, there aren't too many things you can get there cheaper than somewhere else when speaking in terms of unit costs. You just have the opportunity to buy it in bulk. But there are savings to be had, especially if you're a good comparison shopper and know how to bang them on their sales

The Kirkland brand is pretty good.

Costco all the way here. the premium membership cash back program offsets the costs to make it cheaper than the regular membership that doesn't have them. The best way to make these store work is to buy what you need, take advantage of sales, and DONT IMPLUSE BUY! its very easy to do, but you total for the day will double in a snap. the basics are very cost effective and meat is huge savings.

There are no Sam's Clubs near me, but there are 9 or10 Costcos within a 40 minute drive. We even use the one in Puerto Vallarta, MX.

For all the Sam's haters because "they dont have prime meat" lol
20200110_125610.jpg

Not a Sam's hater. Comments based on real life observations.
I've noticed the better Sam's Club are because a Costco is close. This started when I lived in the Seattle area and then moved to NW Minnesota with Sam's in North Dakota, but no Costco.
After Costco opened in Fargo ND, the Sam's stepped up and the Moorhead MN Sam's store closed.
The Grand Forks ND Sam's also stepped up. They offer various prime cuts as well as slab pork belly.
Sam's prime meat is usually higher than Costco.
Each club membership has their advantage.

Availability is def subject to your area. The Sam's in my area carry neither belly, nor prime, nor several other cuts of meats. The Sam's in my area are in a very low income area, the Costco is in a very high income area, hence the different selections.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky