COSTCO Brisket ID help please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nwdave

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Ok, now's the time for some ID help.  Saw 3 of these "Briskets" in the COSTCO meat aisle.  I've snapped several Vues to hopefully get enough help to tell me what this is.  I suspect that it's a flat, but......it's only 6 lbs +.  The other briskets I've seen, both on this site and in another store, a restaurant supply house, were much larger and appeared to have both the point and flat together in the cryovac.

Take a gander and render your opinion.

8c719034_DSC00513.jpg

296e505e_DSC00514.jpg

2a494b54_DSC00515.jpg

4228b07a_DSC00516.jpg

e1586e04_DSC00517.jpg

7941ade6_DSC00518.jpg

So, whaddaya think?

~Dave

Looks like a trimmed flat - that's what I normally get from Costco/BJs. It wull work just fine for you.

Ok, that's what I kinda figured.  For a town of my size, it's a very limited market.  Oh, I'll be taking this one through it's paces, this weekend I think, schedule permitting. 

Now, where did I put forluvofsmoke's cherry rub notes for briskets?   Hey, somebody has to validate all his data he's contributing. 

Thanks for the help.  I knew this was the right place to ask.

~Dave

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky