Cornish Game Hens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Evening fellas, non fellas, and those of you who may be confused and still trying to figure it out. Been a cold few days here in Tennessee so haven't wanted to cook outside much. Had some game hens in the deep freeze and said what the hell. Thawed them, cut out the spine, and cut them in half at the breast. Seasoned lightly with some Lawry's and into the fridge for about half a day
IMG_20220122_124655.jpg

Mixed up some Baja citrus marinade a couple hours before cook time. Love this stuff and most of the other McCormick marinades
IMG_20220122_153922.jpg

Hens skin side down in a bowl layering the hens and marinade
IMG_20220122_153929.jpg

Couple more hours in fridge then onto the smoker at 330 using pecan
IMG_20220122_172332.jpg

Brushed on marinade every 15min
IMG_20220122_172338.jpg

About an hour they were ready to pull off
IMG_20220122_183649.jpg

Nice skin and juicy as hell. IT was around 170. Flavor town honestly. Here's my plate. Some game hens, roasted taters and a salad covered in cheese and bacon
IMG_20220122_185458.jpg

Looks great and the flavors sound awesome! You have plenty of cheese on that salad too, a definite requirement for me on salad haha. Here’s our weather the next week or so. No outdoor cooking for me for awhile with the next 7 nights in low single digits.

Funny and kind of scary at the same time to think someone couldn't figure out which they were by simply pulling their pants down and looking. But I'm an old fart, so what do I know.
I turn 40 in a couple weeks but I'm an old fart at heart

Looks great and the flavors sound awesome! You have plenty of cheese on that salad too, a definite requirement for me on salad haha. Here’s our weather the next week or so. No outdoor cooking for me for awhile with the next 7 nights in low single digits.
Thanks Jeff was a great meal. We are supposed to have some warmer day time temps starting tomorrow which we are glad for. Sucks to go from 78 last month to 6 this morning lol. Stay warm bud

Reactions: jcam222
Great color on those birds Jake !
And the plate looks amazing! I'm not sure I've ever had a cornish hen.
Keith

Reactions: TNJAKE
TNJAKE TNJAKE did I ever tell you i hate looking at your posts, every time, something new and looking so good. I can't even keep track of my bookmarks any more, I need one for just your posts.
100% understand as Jake brings the fire in every post. You , myself and many have a load of Jakes cooks on the to do list. This is why we have to lobby TNJAKE TNJAKE into the OTBS 2022! #Jake4OTBS2022. lol at me using hashtags haha

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky