Cornish Game Hens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
100% understand as Jake brings the fire in every post. You , myself and many have a load of Jakes cooks on your to do list. This is why we have to lobby TNJAKE TNJAKE into the OTBS 2022! #Jake4OTBS2022. lol at me using hashtags haha
What do we have to do? I don't understand the complete OTBS thing, but I so look forward to his posts.

Reactions: jcam222
TNJAKE TNJAKE did I ever tell you i hate looking at your posts, every time, something new and looking so good. I can't even keep track of my bookmarks any more, I need one for just your posts.
Appreciate that bud. Been cooking for a long time. It's an ever evolving skill that I'll never get perfect. I'm around to help any time you have questions

Great color on those birds Jake !
And the plate looks amazing! I'm not sure I've ever had a cornish hen.
Keith
Thanks Keith. If you haven't had one then you should. Cheap and the better chicken. Tender and juicy

100% understand as Jake brings the fire in every post. You , myself and many have a load of Jakes cooks on your to do list. This is why we have to lobby TNJAKE TNJAKE into the OTBS 2022! #Jake4OTBS2022. lol at me using hashtags haha
Lol appreciate it Jeff. Learned so much from you and others here at smf

Reactions: jcam222
Perfect Cornish hen diner Jake! They look perfect and the plate is on point! Mmmmm, and a good laugh as a warm up! Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Crushing those little chickens there Jake! Wow those look great. Those little birds are utilitarian in cooking for something quick, or for surprise guests. You knocked those out of the park bud. Like.

Evening fellas, non fellas, and those of you who may be confused and still trying to figure it out. Been a cold few days here in Tennessee so haven't wanted to cook outside much. Had some game hens in the deep freeze and said what the hell. Thawed them, cut out the spine, and cut them in half at the breast. Seasoned lightly with some Lawry's and into the fridge for about half a dayView attachment 523079
Mixed up some Baja citrus marinade a couple hours before cook time. Love this stuff and most of the other McCormick marinadesView attachment 523080
Hens skin side down in a bowl layering the hens and marinadeView attachment 523081
Couple more hours in fridge then onto the smoker at 330 using pecanView attachment 523082
Brushed on marinade every 15minView attachment 523083
About an hour they were ready to pull offView attachment 523084
Nice skin and juicy as hell. IT was around 170. Flavor town honestly. Here's my plate. Some game hens, roasted taters and a salad covered in cheese and baconView attachment 523085
Man perfect color, nice cook.

Great looking birds there Jake, great color and I bet taste . Nice rounded off plate with all the fixens.
I could sit down to a meal like that.

Been cooking for a long time. It's an ever evolving skill that I'll never get perfect. I'm around to help any time you have questions

This is so true, You were I think the first one to help me out , and many others were there also. But me being very new to the site and asking questions that have more than likely asked a hundred times, you and the others here , don't think twice about helping. You got me started with the injection( Zatarain's Creole Butter ) for my chicken and I love it still . And you were very helpful. That is why I love this site and I hope I can pass on what I know and have learned here to help others when the time comes . And like you said I will always be learning things, even as an old Fart
Thank you ,

David

Perfect Cornish hen diner Jake! They look perfect and the plate is on point! Mmmmm, and a good laugh as a warm up! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks Jed! I was raised in the same military you were. We shined our boots, heavily starched our uniforms and didn't ask didn't tell

Reactions: bauchjw
Crushing those little chickens there Jake! Wow those look great. Those little birds are utilitarian in cooking for something quick, or for surprise guests. You knocked those out of the park bud. Like.
Thanks bud. They are easy and a favorite here

Great looking birds there Jake, great color and I bet taste . Nice rounded off plate with all the fixens.
I could sit down to a meal like that.

This is so true, You were I think the first one to help me out , and many others were there also. But me being very new to the site and asking questions that have more than likely asked a hundred times, you and the others here , don't think twice about helping. You got me started with the injection( Zatarain's Creole Butter ) for my chicken and I love it still . And you were very helpful. That is why I love this site and I hope I can pass on what I know and have learned here to help others when the time comes . And like you said I will always be learning things, even as an old Fart
Thank you ,

David
Thank you David. A pleasure to help folks with my limited knowledge. I learn here everyday. Glad to know I've helped you in the past. I try to help every new person that has a question if I can

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Funny and kind of scary at the same time to think someone couldn't figure out which they were by simply pulling their pants down and looking. But I'm an old fart, so what do I know.
Doug
Vision this scenario I had from 30 years past. Standing at urinal. Person comes in and hikes the dress to pee in the next urinal. Look over and Adam's apple, T's, and a D.
I will not use a urinal in a public bathroom to this date. Private stall is worth the wait.

Doug
Vision this scenario I had from 30 years past. Standing at urinal. Person comes in and hikes the dress to pee in the next urinal. Look over and Adam's apple, T's, and a D.
I will not use a urinal in a public bathroom to this date. Private stall is worth the wait.
Yea, I reckon.

Jake
Sorry forgot to post on your birds, first.
Love game hens
I have always cooked them whole and stuffed with a hot mixture of Uncle Ben's wild Rice blend box mixed with a pound of rendered pork sausage.
I will try halfing and see if if it gets the judge approval for more

Thanks bud and agree on the marinade. If you haven't tried the McCormick's Brazilian steakhouse you are missing out
I have to agree`100% with this one, I love the stuff.
Last week, our local market had choice grade sirloin steaks on sale for $3.49 per pound, I had the butcher leave 1/4 fat cap on them for the grill. I bought 28 lbs to Sous vide. I marinade it in the McCormick's Brazilian steakhouse then finish off over oak wood coals or lump oak wood coals, it's SOOOO, SOOOOOOO, good prepared that way. Thanks for reminding me to pull some out of the freezer for this week.

Your baby chickens look AMAZING, Jake!!!

Jake
Sorry forgot to post on your birds, first.
Love game hens
I have always cooked them whole and stuffed with a hot mixture of Uncle Ben's wild Rice blend box mixed with a pound of rendered pork sausage.
I will try halfing and see if if it gets the judge approval for more
Thanks bud definitely give it a try

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky