Corned Beef Sous Vide time and temp?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
My flat should be about ready to cook. Going to do it in the house. Thinking about maybe doing sous vide but not sure about temp and time? Looking around web temps are all over the place from 130 to 185. My other options woud be slow cooker or oven or even pressure cooker.

Last edited:
Never did one but see that dirtsailor2003 dirtsailor2003 did one at 180 for 12 hrs it's in the soux vide section. Not sure if you seen it. But worth checking out maybe

Ryan

I do my corned beef brisket flats at 145° for 45 hours. TIP: If you have hard water, or even think you might have hard water add 1/2 cup of vinegar to your container. If you don't have a rubber or plastic lid for your container, at least use some stretch wrap or foil or a combination of the two.

Now, do you have a plan for the seasonings inside the bag?

Personally I smoke mine to an IT of 150, then SV for 24 hours at 155 degrees. I also put some pickling spices & black pepper in the bag.
The alternative is a crock pot with pickling spices until it’s probe tender, about 205 IT.
Al

Personally I smoke mine to an IT of 150, then SV for 24 hours at 155 degrees. I also put some pickling spices & black pepper in the bag.
The alternative is a crock pot with pickling spices until it’s probe tender, about 205 IT.
Al
Another pastrami finishing method is using a pressure cooker. Smoke the corned beef to 150°ish, then depending on the model, it takes about 40 minutes for the finish. When I do 3 at a time I just use my pressure canner.

My flat should be about ready to cook. Going to do it in the house. Thinking about maybe doing sous vide but not sure about temp and time? Looking around web temps are all over the place from 130 to 185. My other options woud be slow cooker or oven or even pressure cooker.
So how did your corned beef turn out? How did you cook it?

Al
I have a flat that is done curing. Going to smoke first than trying to decide to Sous Vide or Pressure cook.

I have a flat that is done curing. Going to smoke first than trying to decide to Sous Vide or Pressure cook.

How about a side-by-side comparison? If your home corned flat is still raw, why not buy a store bought corned flat, soak it for 6 or 7 hours and let it rest overnight. Meanwhile smoke your home made flat, and put it into the sous vide bath for the 24 hour soak. Wait a day and smoke the store bought one and process for 40 minutes. If everything works out, both can be ready at the same time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky