Corned beef brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Picked up a 3.5# corned beef brisket flat after St. Pattys day. Went with Jeff's video.
Soaked well to remove some salt, and then fridged overnight.
Seasoned up with Jeff's rub while RT 590 was getting to temp @ 240°
20200322_064856.jpg

His times and temps were about spot on. Wrapped at 155° for couple hrs until 185°,
Removed cover to try and get good bark. Little bugger dropped temp and stalled for about 3 hrs before
climbing back up. Pulled at 202°, skewer slid in with ease. 10.5 hrs total time.
Let rest for 1/2 hr ( hungry).
20200323_170010.jpg

Sliced up
20200323_170236.jpg

Made up some mashed potatoes patties in the CI, and an iceberg salad. Delicious!
20200323_170403.jpg

Looks delicious! And I like the potatoes! We do that a lot with leftover mashed potatoes . Potato cakes for breakfast are one of my favorite things. I bet the corned beef and those were a real nice pair!

Dine in it carry out...I'll take two please! Looks awesome, can't beat a plate like that.

Ryan

Looks real good from my screen Winter

Point for sure
Chris

Looks delicious! And I like the potatoes! We do that a lot with leftover mashed potatoes . Potato cakes for breakfast are one of my favorite things. I bet the corned beef and those were a real nice pair!
Thanks for the like. Always make extra mashed.for this reason.
Very nice ! Great looking meal for sure .
Thanks Chop, and for the like.
Looks fantastic!
Thank you much.
Looks real good from my screen Winter

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you, greatly appreciated.
I reckon there really is more than one way to skin a cat, nice job, Like! RAY
Thank you Ray, and for the like.
Looks super delicious. Nice job.
G
Thank you, got the thumbs up from the wife on this one.
Dine in it carry out...I'll take two please! Looks awesome, can't beat a plate like that.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. . .
Two thumbs up. Awesome!
Appreciate that JCAP JCAP

xray xray thanks for the like.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky