Corn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dogcop1us

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 2, 2010
Dixie, Georgia, USA
My corn is done for the summer, got about 800 ears this year.

planting

1_216696_1494137052745_1813629815_886325_3472630_n.jpg
a14077fd_004.jpg

harvesting corn

ae845104_003.jpg

We blanched it, stripped it off the cob, and froze it. Filled up half a freezer.  I like the tractor too, 2007 john deere 5103

[h3]An old successfull farming friend of mine shared a secret with me . I've tried it for many years and it has been fool proof so far. He pulled his corn (just like you have it in the pic) put it in a paper shopping bag and straight in the freezer,Shucks, cobs, bugs and all. Two years later when you take it out , it's like it just came off the stalk. We also put our peas straight out of the hull, into a cotton pillow case and straight in the freezer. Do not wash them until you get ready to cook them. [/h3]
R.I.P. Elwood Saucier, you are much missed my friend.

Could a Sweet Corn liqour be good? This thread and striked my interest. I make wine and beer as a hobby, but am just scraping the surface. So many different things that can be done to change flavors.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky