Corn on cob & ham wrapped asparagus on MES 40...Have questions!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jteer

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
Benton, La
I am throwing some baby backs on the smoker along with some chicken breasts and gonna smoke at around 250 with apple wood.

For the corn, I plan to soak in water a few hours, then wrap in foil. How long can I plan on these needing to be in the smoker.

For the asparagus, we plan to wrap in ham with a bit of cream cheese and sprinkle with some seasonall type stuff. How long will these need to cook?

Also, if I decided to throw some small baking taters on the smoker, how long should I expect before they are done?

I am just trying to work this out so everything is done at around the same time.

Corn depending on how you like it 1 hour tops.

The ham wrap asparagus that we make only takes 15-30 minutes in a 350 oven. If tou want crispy ham then use a high temp grill instead of the smoker. 3-5 minutes each side.

Large Bake potatoes take 45 minutes in a 425 degree oven. So at 250 I figure at least 3 hours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky