• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Corn on cob & ham wrapped asparagus on MES 40...Have questions!

jteer

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 7, 2010
I am throwing some baby backs on the smoker along with some chicken breasts and gonna smoke at around 250 with apple wood.

For the corn, I plan to soak in water a few hours, then wrap in foil. How long can I plan on these needing to be in the smoker.

For the asparagus, we plan to wrap in ham with a bit of cream cheese and sprinkle with some seasonall type stuff. How long will these need to cook?

Also, if I decided to throw some small baking taters on the smoker, how long should I expect before they are done?

I am just trying to work this out so everything is done at around the same time.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Corn depending on how you like it 1 hour tops.

The ham wrap asparagus that we make only takes 15-30 minutes in a 350 oven. If tou want crispy ham then use a high temp grill instead of the smoker. 3-5 minutes each side.

Large Bake potatoes take 45 minutes in a 425 degree oven. So at 250 I figure at least 3 hours.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.