Corn anyone?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Had one towed into the shop this week that took a ride through a corn feild. Sheriff's deputy said they estimate speed of over 100mph. Lol I guess so! Had to be going fast to get corn to blow through a windshield!
I wrote an estimate for the insurance.....needless to say shes not gonna make it. Lots of damage on this one.
0916200934.jpg
0916200938_HDR.jpg
0916200950.jpg

Holy crap! That is incredible. Hope everyone was ok. Thanks for sharing.
Yep. All good. Young man had a few small cuts an bruises but could have been worse!. Cars can be replaced!

Over 100mph.
Well unless his gas pedal/ sensor was stuck...
Heck, I would hope he got hurt, not seriously, but...
But pain is a great teacher and he obviously needs some hard earned wisdom beat into him.

Ya wanna do a 100mph+, rent a sports/race car and some track time!

Don't do it on public roads/highways.

Over 100mph.
Well unless his gas pedal/ sensor was stuck...
Heck, I would hope he got hurt, not seriously, but...
But pain is a great teacher and he obviously needs some hard earned wisdom beat into him.

Ya wanna do a 100mph+, rent a sports/race car and some track time!

Don't do it on public roads/highways.
Agreed. Although I was 20 once and did some dumb $#;+!. Anyway I'm sure this scared the crap out of him....i hope! ....worst part is there is some paraphernalia throughout the car....so I'm sure there were other factors involved here....

Does the car go to salvage now? If so what do they sell the salvage for? I've heard of some screaming deals can be found if you're willing to shell out the coin to fix the cars or trucks.
Love the pictures, I have a few wrecked car pictures somewhere from my youth, I was a slow learner back then and made more money than I should've so cars were replaceable.

Does the car go to salvage now? If so what do they sell the salvage for? I've heard of some screaming deals can be found if you're willing to shell out the coin to fix the cars or trucks.
Love the pictures, I have a few wrecked car pictures somewhere from my youth, I was a slow learner back then and made more money than I should've so cars were replaceable.
Yes car will go to a salvage auction . there are deals to be had if you know what your looking for. Ive baught several for myself. Ive also fixed a bunch for people who didnt know what to look for....and most people were lucky to get them finished and not be upside down in them. ...they total for a reason.. Most of todays cars are not repairable in the home garage anymore.

That car had to be moving to have corn break through the laminated Safety Glass! My first car was a '70 Dodge Coronet 500. A Battle Tank from the days they were still making them to last. I had a head on crash with a new '79 Ford Granada. Although no one was hurt, the Ford front end, lots of Plastic, was destroyed and required a Flatbed to haul it away. My ALL AMERICAN STEEL DODGE? There was a fist sized dent in the front splash pan just below the bumper! They don't make them like that anymore...JJ

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That car had to be moving to have corn break through the laminated Safety Glass! My first car was a '70 Dodge Coronet 500. A Battle Tank from the days they were still making them to last. I had a head on crash with a new '79 Ford Granada. Although no one was hurt, the Ford front end, lots of Plastic, was destroyed and required a Flatbed to haul it away. My ALL AMERICAN STEEL DODGE? There was a fist sized dent in the front splash pan just below the bumper! They don't make them like that anymore...JJ
Lol JJ, I know what you mean! Everything is plastic now! And expensive! A slight fender bender now a days is a $2500 repair. Your right they don't make them like they used to thats for sure. I will say that todays cars are not built to hold up in an accident. They are made in ways to crush in certaint areas to absorb impact and and keep the passengers safe. The safety technology in these cars now is incredible!

Wow was he hog hunting?
Lucky to be just minor injuries. Yup we were all young at one time.

Warren
Lol! Well no wild hogs in my area but we have nice whitetail. Maybe he was chasing one down lol!

I'd imagine he was doing 100mph thru a corn field in a effort to get away from the sheriff. RAY
Apparently this happened late and was not even reported until the next morning. If that tells you anything. Tow driver said he was 1/4 mile into the feild!

Reactions: JLeonard
Maybe he thought it was a tesla and put in on auto drive and fell asleep!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky