Corky's BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

illini

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 11, 2006
West Central Illinois
If you have never been to the one and only ORIGINAL Corkyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s BBQ in Memphis Tennessee well this is the place

Very Crowded both inside and outside…A weeks worth of reading of autographed pictures on the walls of both the “famous†and the “Infamous†personalities going back many, many years

We have been visiting the establishment frequently on our Memphis visits over the last 24 years.

Most of our party like the “Memphis style†dry ribs….which are spare ribs smoked almost naked…then a dry rub or a wet sauce is applied just before serving as ordered and finished off (heated?)….the standard sides are great, smoky baked beans and good cole-slaw (a little sweet for my taste) and the cold brew(s) of your choice

It is such a massive undertaking on their part that the results are sometimes not as good as others but always a great experience….this trip it took a little bite to clean the bones and noticed no pullback of the flesh on the bone ends

If you get to Memphis put this on your list as a must do!...judging by the size of the wood pile out back one would think that very little other fuel is used to fire the smokers!

Not an advertisement…only my experiences! Hope this breaks no rule! :oops:

6365corkys.jpg

We have one of the sattelite Corky's about 3 miles from my house. I have eaten there a couple of times but wasn't overly impressed. Seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes the food is very good and sometimes it is not. Maybe the pitmaster hasn't quite got it all figured out yet.

Also noticed that Sam's club is selling Corky's sauce and frozen cry o vac packages of Corky's ribs. Maybe all the tender ones are being sold to Sam's :roll:

cajunsmoker
There are satellite Corky's in lots of areas...have been to some in Memphis and also in my home state...they don't cut it as far as I'm concerned....they are franchises and all are different...the original that I reported is by far superior but I think the pitmaster has retired and it is slipping too....the character of the place is intact and is always a fun place to go

They ship tons of smoked meat and sauces etc from this original place to places like Sam's..the pulled pork is the best of the frozen items they ship

Used to think there was non-better before I started smoking my own.....now that's human nature I guess

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky