• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Copy/Paste Issues

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
I consider myself a bit technically challenged. My issue just recently has been that I can no longer copy and paste a complete link to the forum. Tried to post a link to an Inkbird Thermometer from Amazon to a member whom was questioning recommendations. I can click on specific item so it is in header, click copy, go to forum and try to paste and all that pastes is the amazon.com. Not the product. I can paste it to an email and copy it off of that and paste but PITA doing it that way.
Use Kindle Fire when on here most times. Phone allows me to copy/paste.
Not sure if I explained this very well but any ideas would be appreciated.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Left click to highlite , right click choose copy ?

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
Left click to highlite , right click choose copy ?

UMMM.. I believe it's the other way around... right click to highlight... left click on copy... Unless mouse is set up backwards ...

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
When pulling up this thread, says copy-paste issues.304683/#post-217588
When try to copy and paste " this" header this is all I get

No mouse with Kindle

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
This was copy/paste your link after pulling it up. I have to hold header until it highlights, then copy.
For some reason the site for particular product is the only thing that will paste.

With Kindle, don't have Ctrl tabs

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Oh sure it worked this time, wouldn't you know

Edit: no it did not pull up the product, just the site.

Last edited:

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
UMMM.. I believe it's the other way around... right click to highlight... left click on copy... Unless mouse is set up backwards ...
Kind of a righty tighty lefty loosie Thing huh

Millberry

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2020
I consider myself a bit technically challenged. My issue just recently has been that I can no longer copy and paste a complete link to the forum. Tried to post a link to an Inkbird Thermometer from Amazon to a member whom was questioning recommendations. I can click on specific item so it is in header, click copy, go to forum and try to paste and all that pastes is the amazon.com. Not the product. I can paste it to an email and copy it off of that and paste but PITA doing it that way.
Use Kindle Fire when on here most times. Phone allows me to copy/paste.
Not sure if I explained this very well but any ideas would be appreciated.
Well-At least I know what you are talking about. I tried to put http: link in an email and it doesn't work either sometimes. I copy the http: and paste on word pad then copy from there to paste. (does that make sense>)

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Well-At least I know what you are talking about. I tried to put http: link in an email and it doesn't work either sometimes. I copy the http: and paste on word pad then copy from there to paste. (does that make sense>)
That's the only way I can do it, just thought there may be an easy fix that I am overlooking, because that is a pain in the butt. Frustrating when trying to show or help someone find something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.