COOL WEATHER, 2 SMOKERS GOIN, WINGS & BOLOGNA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
The weather here has been just perfect for being outside & tending the smoker.

So 2 days ago I made a chub of bologna. Here is the link with the recipe.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...g-fried-bologna-sandwiches-bologna-with-qview

Yesterday I got up at 2:30 AM to get the bologna in the smoker, good thing I did because this guy took 17 hours to get done.

So since I was up I went over to the 24 hour Walmart & grabbed a package of Tyson wings.

I coated them in oil & dusted them with Slap yo Mama seasoning. Put them in a bag & into the fridge until the afternoon.

Here's the MES with the bologna in it after it got light.

Here it's been on for about 8 hours & I think I'm the only person in the world who has a MES controller that is pretty accurate.

You can see the smoke is reading 174.2 & the MES is reading 175.

While the bologna is smoking away. I got the Lang fired up. I got one of those charcoal chimney stands from Jck Danls 07 at the Gathering.

This thing works really well. Thanks Keith!

Some Canola oil & Slap Ya Mama.

Into the Lang on the top shelf.

About 45 minutes in & they are getting some nice color.

I added a therm to the top grate, because it runs a little hotter up there.

She's running about 280 today.

Just about ready to come off.

Into a bowl for a little bath.

A stick of butter & about 1/2 bottle of Frank's wing sauce.

All coated nicely.

A little Blue cheese & celery.

They were super tender & juicy.

OK now back to the bologna. It is finally done. Into the sink for a cold shower, then into the fridge overnight.

Cut in half so it will fit on the slicer. I have a big 12" Torrey commercial slicer, but it's easier to cut it in half & use the little 8" Chef's Choice. 

All sliced up & ready for vac sealing.

I just got this new sealer, it's really nice. It has a cooling motor so you don't have to wait for the machine to cool down.

You just keep cranking out the bags. It also has a 16" wide sealing bar so you can use the big 15" bags if you need to.

Had to have a sammie & make sure it was good. Just a little lettuce & mayo.

I think tomorrow it will be fried bologna sammies!!

This was a good day for me. I was able to spend the whole day messing with one smoker or the other & drinking a few beers along the way.

Thanks for looking folks!!

Al

Everything looks fantastic. Like you I am enjoying this Florida weather (70 miles north of Tampa). Got a chicken in the MES, 2 pork butts on the longhorn and cheese in cold smoker. My one day off this week and working evening shift. Setting the wife and kids up for rest of the week.

One heck of a cook Al. It all turned out beautifully.  Wish I had the time to cook as much as you.  One day... One day... Point! b

Great cook. Points.

I need to make some big bologna

Everything looks fantastic. Like you I am enjoying this Florida weather (70 miles north of Tampa). Got a chicken in the MES, 2 pork butts on the longhorn and cheese in cold smoker. My one day off this week and working evening shift. Setting the wife and kids up for rest of the week.

One heck of a cook Al. It all turned out beautifully.  Wish I had the time to cook as much as you.  One day... One day... Point! b
Great cook. Points.

I need to make some big bologna
Nice smoke! Wings is always good.
Point worthy
icon14.gif
Thanks a lot guys!

I appreciate it!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky