Cookshack help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

supercenterchef

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 26, 2011
South Arkansas
I have a Cookshack SM025 (Smokette Elite).  I absolutely love this thing!  I frequently cook for my small family circle of about four. 

The problem is, as my Q improves...I seem to be cooking for more people.  I'm thinking of upgrading to the SM066 (AmeriQue) to better handle the increase, but would still like to option of cooking smaller loads just for us--anybody have any experience with this?  Does it scale pretty well or does the SM066 need to be used pretty full...?

The AmeriQue works as well on a small load as it does on a full load.

I wish I still had my Smokette for time when I need a little more capacity  

But since I don't I had to purchase a SM260

You will love the set it and forget it ability of the AmeriQue 

I also have a Smokette, had it for about 12 years and it works as great today as it did when I bought it, but I would like to have something larger. Good luck in your purchase, and what would you do with the old one anyway, might as well hang on to it. If you call Cookshack they have some used trade ins or refurbed units at a discount at times.

The best money that I have ever spent on cooking equipment was the Amerique smoker/oven. I have a 009-2 and the Amerique 066. As you well know due to the quality build and superior insulation of the Cookshack products, I find that the 066 will cook or smoke a full load as well as a handful plus, with the 066 you get extra heat along with all the bells and whistles.   Being made in the USA, accessories are readily available.

Tom

I have the Amerique 066 and have used it a lot, loaded and nearly empty. I have smoked as little as a single rack of baby back ribs with no problem whatsoever. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky