Cooking with gas!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We have a glass top and convection oven and the wife really likes it. Me, not so much. We are readying for a kitchen remodel next spring and I can't convince her we need a gas range. She wants a new glass top. So be it.

Induction is the most accurate from what I have read and faster than gas,

Reactions: DougE
The glass is about impossible to keep clean if the next one who cooks can't be bothered to wipe it off
Need to get on it right away , but the problem comes in that you have to wait for it to cool .
Stuff dries up ( and it's getting cooked on ) and it gets hard to clean later . Some doesn't want to come off .

Couple things I do
After it's dried I use simple green and a dry scrub Daddy sponge .
That gets the stuff that's not to bad . Takes a couple tries sometimes .
Then it gets Cerama Bryte .

Stubborn stuff ,
I wet a kitchen towel wring it out then fold it up to the size of the burner .
With the burner off I lay the towel on it and let it steam . Just be careful . Not to hot on the burner and have some tongs . Works for some stuff . Not all of it .

My Mother in law boiled milk on mine . Went off like a bomb . Scalded to the burner and got in the vent on the door . No getting rid of that .

Reactions: DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky