• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cooking on the offset smoker

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 14, 2016
I had some friends from out of town show up for lunch. I was told by my wife it’s time to smoke some salmon for them. Since I was already cooking some food on my smoker, I said no problem.

The first thing in the morning, I fired up the smoker and started cooking a couple racks of ribs, a pork loin, some bacon wrapped chicken breast, and two hours before lunch, I put on a salmon fillet that I had brined the night before. I used Bearcarver’s brine recipe. Thanks Bearcarver.

Pork Loin Uncooked.jpg Ribs Uncooked.jpg Chicked Uncooked.jpg Salmon Uncooked.jpg

The salmon came out wonderful. Before I knew it, four people had eaten the whole fillet. There was none left over for a late night snack.

Salmon Cooked.jpg

I lost track of time, and the ribs and pork loin came out a little overdone. Oh well, the chicken breasts came out just fine though.

Pork Loin Cooked.jpg Ribs Cooked.jpg Chicked Cooked.jpg

Thanks for looking

Attachments

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Everything looks pretty darn good to me!
Al

bluewhisper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 1, 2014
The salmon looks perfect. People go bonkers when they first taste it.

That's a time to toast some thin slices of French bread.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.