Cooking on the offset smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
Sacramento California
I had some friends from out of town show up for lunch. I was told by my wife it’s time to smoke some salmon for them. Since I was already cooking some food on my smoker, I said no problem.

The first thing in the morning, I fired up the smoker and started cooking a couple racks of ribs, a pork loin, some bacon wrapped chicken breast, and two hours before lunch, I put on a salmon fillet that I had brined the night before. I used Bearcarver’s brine recipe. Thanks Bearcarver.

Pork Loin Uncooked.jpg Ribs Uncooked.jpg Chicked Uncooked.jpg Salmon Uncooked.jpg

The salmon came out wonderful. Before I knew it, four people had eaten the whole fillet. There was none left over for a late night snack.

Salmon Cooked.jpg

I lost track of time, and the ribs and pork loin came out a little overdone. Oh well, the chicken breasts came out just fine though.

Pork Loin Cooked.jpg Ribs Cooked.jpg Chicked Cooked.jpg

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• Pork Loin Uncooked.jpg
    Pork Loin Uncooked.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 11
Looks good to me.

Point for sure.

Chris

The salmon looks perfect. People go bonkers when they first taste it.

That's a time to toast some thin slices of French bread.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky