Converting a Weber ONE-TOUCH® SILVER 22.5" to a WSM?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

little smokey

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Omaha
Anyone ever try it using the Mini-WSM method?  If so looking for some info here, what size pot did you use for it?  

I'm not an expert but it's my understanding that the 18.5 uses a 80 qt pot and the 22.5 uses a section of a 55 gal drum...

If this is incorrect please inform us of the correct info... I'd love to know as well.

I'm going to jump in and follow this thread to see where it goes. I have a Weber Silver too, and would be interested to hear from some people who've done it.

Running with the 55 gallon Drum lead above I see the inside diameter is 22.5" so that could work.  WOuld love to hear from someone who has done it though to verify and save me some time and frustration.

SO here is what I am thinking take a 55 gallon barrel cut it in half maybe a bit bigger actually, and drill a ton of holes in the bottom to use as a diffuser kinda like the steamer insert for the Mini-WSM.  Add two - three racks and of course use the lid of the weber.  SO those of you with the weber kettle already does the bottom of the kettle have more than enough room for coals or should I be looking at cutting out the bottom of the barrel to make more room and move the diffuser up higher in the barrel?

Standard 55 gallon drums have an interior width of 22.5" and an exterior width of 23"-24". Most UDS have a lip on the inside where the lid can rest. As far as a WSM mini, a lot of people have liked the Vasconia Steamer 32 QT but thats for a smokey joe. For a 22.5" OTG canjun bandit makes a few conversion kits but otherwise you'd want to use a 55 gallon drum and modify it to fit the lip of the grill. But at that point, of getting a drum, and cleaning it, to only use half when you could have a UDS with less work and waste.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky