• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Controlling Heat in a Cabelas 7 in one Smoker

mikepro

Joined Oct 11, 2013
Love anything smoked. Grew up on smoked meats and fish. Presently using a Cabelas 7 in 1 smoker. Use propane for deep frying only because it nevers stays lit on low. Use charcoal and chips for birds. Use electric and hardwood blocks for bacon and pork. Have the electric conversion kit but you can't control heat with it and it gets too hot. The element has the power cord molded to it. Wondering if anyone has a solution. Like can something be spliced into the cord to control the power to the element thus regulating the temp?  My short term solution is a small hotplate that fits inside the smoker but as the weather gets cooler this will not get the smoker warm enough to get meats up to 150.

johgre078

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 12, 2013
Check with any homebrew shop as there is controller you can plug into and control temps as close as 1degree.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

mikepro

Joined Oct 11, 2013
Thanks, have a couple of places nearby, will check them out. Wonder if Home Depot might have something like that?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.