Controlling Heat in a Cabelas 7 in one Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikepro

Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Love anything smoked. Grew up on smoked meats and fish. Presently using a Cabelas 7 in 1 smoker. Use propane for deep frying only because it nevers stays lit on low. Use charcoal and chips for birds. Use electric and hardwood blocks for bacon and pork. Have the electric conversion kit but you can't control heat with it and it gets too hot. The element has the power cord molded to it. Wondering if anyone has a solution. Like can something be spliced into the cord to control the power to the element thus regulating the temp?  My short term solution is a small hotplate that fits inside the smoker but as the weather gets cooler this will not get the smoker warm enough to get meats up to 150.

Check with any homebrew shop as there is controller you can plug into and control temps as close as 1degree.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky