Considering a traeger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Joe Traeger now works with or has some stake in Pit Boss...he left the company he founded that bears his name.
Mr. Traeger now works for Dansons, which owns Louisiana Grills and Pit Boss. LG is their better line of grills (excellent, iMHO - burn system like the Yoder). Pit Boss is their cheaper line and is (in most cases) part-identical to Traeger. So, if you want a traeger at a lower price, buy a pit boss. If you want a better grill, buy an LG.

I have a Pit Boss. Nice unit and it works well for me. I clean it often and use Lumberjack pellets. That being said if I had the money for a RecTec I would have one of those, instead I have a one year old pit master in the making! (Yup Momma won that argument too! LOL)

Reactions: Steff3
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky