Congratulations Dave on your retirement

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
You made it sandyut sandyut . Congratulations.

I got a lot done on my first day. I still going to be working around the house but at my own speed and no one hour drive. Going to be nice going to the stores when they are not packed!

03a7dee180b2d7a805d9a9205a7e7f8c.gif

Happy retirement Dave! Knew you have been talking about it for awhile glad you finally made it there. Relax and enjoy buddy!

• Haha
Reactions: negolien and TNJAKE
Happy retirement Dave! And who says you can't have a beer before noon!

Ryan

Congrats on the retirement. Now the frustrating thing will be meeting working friends around their work schedules. Yesterday took a drive to see 2 friends and to pick up a truck load of cherry wood. Had to coordinate around both their lunch schedules and then get the wood.

Congrats Buddy!
I retired when I was 59.
Never looked back.
The funny thing about retirement is I don’t know how I did all the things I did & still worked. I barely have enough time now to get my stuff done without a job. Of course I am getting a bit older, but still working out every day & taking care of the yard, which in Florida is a major deal. All my neighbors hire guys to do their’s, I guess someday I may have to do the same, but for me that will be a sad day!
Al

thanks to Brian for starting this thread! And thank you for all the kind words!

Today is the first day of unemployment and it feels great. might take a couple few days to stop thinking about he old job - had it for almost 16 years. The wife and I have been talking about all kinds of things we might do, but in the short term, the ski and snowboard season is still alive and we have season passes. Riding M-F will be a dream. She needs to get over to some elderly fam members and such. But its all smiles over here :)

Congrats and enjoy. Sure is nice not having to get up or answer to anyone if you don't feel like it. 🍻

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky