Complete beginner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve piglet

Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Scotland, UK
Hi all.
I'm an absolute beginner to smoking but am about half way through putting together a cold smoker using an old fridge freezer.
I'm uncertain how much ventilation to add so any advice would be great.
Also any recipes would be handy.
I'm based in sunny South West Scotland, UK.

Reactions: kruizer
welcome from pa. as for ventilation i'm no expert on that but I would put a wide stack on it, 3-5 inch diameter, with a way to adjust the flow, that way if it's to wide just close it up some. i'm sure some of the pro's will chime in soon.

Reactions: Steve piglet
welcome from pa. as for ventilation i'm no expert on that but I would put a wide stack on it, 3-5 inch diameter, with a way to adjust the flow, that way if it's to wide just close it up some. i'm sure some of the pro's will chime in soon.
Thanks for that
I've got some 3 inch down pipe. I'll give that a go.

Welcome from Tennessee 'Merica! You picked a great place to start
I've a friend locally who is from knoxville in your neck of the woods!

Reactions: TNJAKE
IMG_20200408_143601.jpg

Here's my heath Robinson smoker.
It now has a 4' x 3" stack out the top on the advice of smoker jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky