Competition pork ribs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yesterday was a complete cluster hump, I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. My nephew that was cooking right next to me was cracking up. He kept saying, just throw them on my smoker/ which was actually my pellet grill, I refused to give up chasing the beast, my old UDS. I couldn't get the temps above 200*, I've never had that problem before, so my cure was to pull the ribs off, so I could dump a whole Weber charcoal chimney full of white hot coals over the B&B char logs. I much rather snuff a fire out than try to get it ramped up to temp during a cook. It worked my fire got up to 325* then the dance started. It was a constant battle of more air or less air for the next 3 hours. I was able to keep the temps between 275 and 200* until I wrapped the ribs. after I wrapped I opened all my vent and let her rip. I finished the ribs at around 300* with less than 15 minutes to "spare". LOL

My nephew was pissed, because he thought that he was finally going to kick my ass. When he didn't get a call, and they called my name as the winner, I could tell he was completely dejected. I winked at him and didn't say a word. LOL.

I'm in the market for a new temp controller, I love the little Guru Party Q because of its simple design and battery operation. I'll call Guru tomorrow. It might just be a bad probe, if it is, I'm buying 3 that way I always have 2 for backups. The stuff on the table saved my ass, mainly the black tape, the rock to hold the on button down, and more tape to tape the little blower to the air inlet. LMFAO!!! It was a total cluster hump, I was completely floored when I got the call....great time spent with nephew, little brother and old man/ father.
I can't wait until the next one, I thought I was well-prepared, think again, dumb ass. LOL

Attachments

• 20230709_153443.jpg
    20230709_153443.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 9
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky