Compact Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
We go to a friend's beach condo every year for a week or 2, but there is no open flame cooking allowed. So every year we've been going to the waterfront public park, it's only about 2 blocks away, and using the permanently mounted grills there to cook a couple of steaks. They are grills like this:
1625338178081.png

This year when we went, one of the 2 grills was gone and the other was rusted out real bad, but we managed to cook a couple of steaks, anyway.

So I'm trying to find a good, inexpensive compact grill that I can take with us. I'm wanting something small that doesn't take up a lot of room in our SUV and we can cook maybe 2 steaks on, but not something to throw away after 1 or 2 uses. By inexpensive, I'm not talking about cheap, just don't want to spend a lot of money on something that may only get used once a year, maybe twice. What suggestions do y'all have? We don't camp, but I figure that campers might have this figured out. There are picnic tables where we can set up on.

For a portable charcoal grill the Weber Jumbo Joe is hard to beat.

I vote Weber, Smokey Joe is my go to for burgers, steaks and chicken.
Little small for a large crowd but you can buy an 18 or larger if needed.
You won't regret spending on a Weber.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky