Commercial Restaurant Smokers Electric

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Frosty2019

Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Hi All,
I'm in the process of opening up a small restaurant and looking for a Smoker. Can someone give me their opinions on to which brand they are using, how they like it, the size, any cons or pros you have with it, etc. Thank you

If I was starting up a place, I would look into Ole Hickory Pits. They have a nice selection of commercial smokers.

I have never used one but they seem like they are well built.

My $0.02....

I quite a few places use Ole Hickory or Southern Pride for the smoker. I have my eye set(years away) either a pair of Little Red Smokehouse's or an Oyler Pit. Both are from J&R Manufacturing, and while I have yet to cook on one or see one up close and in person they look like a good solid style of cooker.

Details? Small as in 4 four top tables or booths? Or, Small as in 100 seats. Big difference in the size of the smoker. With 16 to 100 seats, one of the smaller NSF Approved Commercial Cookshack Smokers will do. 100+ seats, you need to go bigger. How much meat and what kind are you planning? Butts and Brisket can go overnight. Chicken and Ribs, need you on site to prepare. Then you have holding Ovens as Coolers are not NSF approved. Of course this all varies by State, County and Local...JJ

Thank you for the information. Its a smaller store with about 16 seats indoors and summer time will be approx. 70 seatings.

Reactions: sm0kin
So, i'm thinking i found one that would work. Anyone has any experience with the Ole Hickory Pits Model CTO?

That should meet your needs, with room to grow...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky