Command Performance

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Original poster
 My fiancee is a high school dance teacher. Back in October I cooked six butts for a dance concert they had. We got to watch a great performance and then the kids, parents, family etc all sat together and had dinner. It was a great time. Anyway we had leftovers because I don't believe in having enough food. Amelia and I bagged up the remaining pulled pork when we got home and she sold some to teachers and administration to raise money for her dance program. The rest she shared with some of her classes. Her girls and a few boys
ROTF.gif
 loved the Q so much they asked her today if I would make more for a special day they are having next week. Of course I said yes because I will use any excuse to cook a butt. It made feel really good that they asked me to do that.
icon_lol.gif
 I'll post up some pics when its over.

Way to go Steve - and you just got a reply from one of the nicest guys ever to be on here. He keeps hiding from us these days  - see below

Way to go man.  Congrats!
How are ya man !! Did you get the VM I left you at Christmas - Hope it is all good

Thanks boss. He is a nice Dude! Maybe hes been busy with the white russians.
yahoo.gif

Way to go Steve - and you just got a reply from one of the nicest guys ever to be on here. He keeps hiding from us these days  - see below

Way to go man.  Congrats!
How are ya man !! Did you get the VM I left you at Christmas - Hope it is all good

icon_cool.gif

Now that makes you a good guy there Steve.

Thanks Mark. We are excited because we raised a good amount of money for her program. Now there is a buzz so we will make even more next time. The kids at the school for the most part are disadvantaged economically. Unlike some programs in the city where parents pick up the slack on funding that the state can't provide, Amelia and these kids have to be creative and fund raise. I'm just happy I have picked up a skill that helps accomplish that. They were able to buy matching dance outfits etc after our last dinner.

icon_cool.gif

Now that makes you a good guy there Steve.

Thanks Barbe, shes great at what she does. Its really nice to see these girls get the quality of training she can provide. Most kids that get this kind of training have to pay through the nose for it. The majority of kids in her classes would never be able to be exposed to this without the school system. Every year she has kids accepted into arts colleges and dance programs at big universities. I'm very, very proud of her.

That's so awesome!! Good for you!   and YAY for Amelia teaching dance - the arts need all the support they can get!!

cooking and the fine arts-a lot in common.      my daughter's a cello performance major; her best friend since 1st grade, musical theater major, performance; other friends,  musical theater major, direction;  jazz piano;  cello performance;  orchestal conducting, music education, theater production, and so on...   WE NEED FINE ARTS AND EDUCATORS and all they bring to our society;  whether one works in that specialty or experiences it as participants or audience, rah rah. I'll step down from my soap box now. thanks to you both! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky