Colored Weber kettle’s

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
Hi everyone, after being involved in another vehicle accident, (2nd one) my kettle is just about finished. Luckily no meat or people were hurt. But I’m in the market for another 22”. I have the 26” also but think that would be an overkill for most cooks. My question is for those of you who have the colored (copper, green, blue) kettles. How does the color hold up in the long run? If you have one with a few years I’d of use could you post up a pic. I’m thinking about the blue but not sure if I like it or not.

Hi everyone, after being involved in another vehicle accident, (2nd one) my kettle is just about finished. Luckily no meat or people were hurt. But I’m in the market for another 22”. I have the 26” also but think that would be an overkill for most cooks. My question is for those of you who have the colored (copper, green, blue) kettles. How does the color hold up in the long run? If you have one with a few years I’d of use could you post up a pic. I’m thinking about the blue but not sure if I like it or not.

I have a black one but I am curious as to how your kettle gets into car accidents.

I had a copper kettle for over 40 years, a friend still uses it as a firepit. I think they made them out of thicker stuff back then. RAY

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I have a black one but I am curious as to how your kettle gets into car accidents.
I was thinking the same thing. As for the color retention goes. It probably has more to do with how you take care of it. I store mine in my garage when not in use, and haven't seen any signs of fading. I have seen issues around the lid handle from frequent use of the Vortex. Think bubbling procelien. BTW I only have black kettles.

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw and bauchjw
9BB894FE-D327-46B2-A786-9B687582EA90.jpeg
9A1E4E09-2937-4491-902E-7350619E3E90.jpeg
16C9155A-AC5E-4FBA-888D-EBBDDD327C38.jpeg

I bought this one about 10 years ago at a garage sale for 10 dollars. I think it’s from the 80s? I store it under a drop cloth. Has some porcelain chips, etc, but nothing major. No car crashes, but the cheapest movers the government could find have moved it 6 times and it’s held up great. I don’t use vortex on this one, only my black kettle.

Haha first one I had it in front of my truck when I pulled out of the garage. Clipped it with the front right and the legs were wrapped around my wheel. That one was ugly. This last one I partially went over the lid with my wife’s car. It’s had a rough life between getting blown off our porch in Hawaii, accidents (my fault) and like someone said government moves. Let’s are wobbly. I might keep it l, built a table around it and use it strictly for the vortex. But thanks for the replies everyone. The gold looks good.

My other thought is to just but the regular 22” kettle and swap over the one touch ash catcher and thermometer. Anyone know if that’s a possibility

My other thought is to just but the regular 22” kettle and swap over the one touch ash catcher and thermometer. Anyone know if that’s a possibility

I'm pretty sure there is a kit available to make the switch from pan to catcher. It may be worth it if the price isn't to high. As for the thermometer I wouldn't bother. My 26" has one and it's off. The only thing it's good for is to tell me if my fire is dying or getting to hot.

Chris

Maybe you should buy one already damaged ?

I just read yesterday that Weber is issuing anniversary Kettles in colors .

Those are cool . If the price is right ,,,,,,

Wow love the 50s hood ornament temp gauge

Oh man thanks. I like the gray. I might try to hold off for one. After looking a little deeper. My lid is pretty jacked. Almost flat on half the lip. My wife doesn’t get why I need another 22” when I have the 26” also but she just doesn’t understand haha

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
The 70th Anniv editions look like Easter Eggs:)

I have a Blue kettle (I call it the Ford edition) that is newer and I use the Vortex all the time. So far no issues.

Here I thought they'd have a pink one also! Grandma's stoves, refrigerator, cook top, and all bathroom stuff was all pink! Lol

Ryan

• Haha
bauchjw bauchjw I have one just like that, though it's disabled. Finally rotted out where yours is rotting. Couldn't stand on 2 legs.:emoji_disappointed: It's retired, until further notice. Too many good cooks/memories on it to not use it for a fire pit or something.....
Man between the three wheel bottom vents and the thicker steel and porcelain they are the bomb for smokin' low and slow.
I too got mine from a garage sale in the late '80s, though I paid $20 for mine :emoji_laughing:
1648595707802.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky