Cold Smoking on the MWSM?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ChuckHubbert

Original poster
Aug 6, 2018
I'm putting together a MWSM as an upgrade to the ECB that got me hooked on smoking this summer. Something larger is in the future.

Anyway, I want to smoke some cheese. Has anyone cold smoked in the WSM, and do you have any hints or cautions?

Thanks,

Really depends on where you live. Right now I cant cold smoke in my WSM as the outside temp is still getting up to 80-90 and thats going to melt the cheese inside. Last winter I was able to cold smoke some when the temp was cooler and just threw in the AMNTS.

Reactions: ChuckHubbert
I normally can’t cold smoke where I live with a WSM this time of year. I did read the other day about a guy that froze a couple of two liter jugs of water and put them in the water pan. I normally just wait until November until I smoke cheese. Vacuum seal it and give it away for Xmas presents.

Reactions: Geebs
Thanks, all. Yes, I'll have to wait until it cools down for sure.

I am mostly curious about the Mini WSM's size and wondering if it would work alright with an AMNTS or AMNPS? I don't have either yet. Would one be preferred over the other in the Mini WSM?

I'm thinking the AMNPS would work better.. Being the Mini is small I think the tube will put out to much smoke ... I have 2 Mini's but have never cold smoked in them... I use my smokehouse for that...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky