1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cold Smoking on the MWSM?

Discussion in 'Mini WSM Users' started by ChuckHubbert, Sep 18, 2018.

1. ChuckHubbert

ChuckHubbert Newbie

I'm putting together a MWSM as an upgrade to the ECB that got me hooked on smoking this summer. Something larger is in the future.

Anyway, I want to smoke some cheese. Has anyone cold smoked in the WSM, and do you have any hints or cautions?

Thanks,

2. Geebs

Geebs Smoking Fanatic

Really depends on where you live. Right now I cant cold smoke in my WSM as the outside temp is still getting up to 80-90 and thats going to melt the cheese inside. Last winter I was able to cold smoke some when the temp was cooler and just threw in the AMNTS.

ChuckHubbert likes this.
  3. 5GRILLZNTN

5GRILLZNTN Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

I normally can’t cold smoke where I live with a WSM this time of year. I did read the other day about a guy that froze a couple of two liter jugs of water and put them in the water pan. I normally just wait until November until I smoke cheese. Vacuum seal it and give it away for Xmas presents.

Geebs likes this.
  4. ChuckHubbert

ChuckHubbert Newbie

Thanks, all. Yes, I'll have to wait until it cools down for sure.

I am mostly curious about the Mini WSM's size and wondering if it would work alright with an AMNTS or AMNPS? I don't have either yet. Would one be preferred over the other in the Mini WSM?

5. JckDanls 07

JckDanls 07 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

I'm thinking the AMNPS would work better.. Being the Mini is small I think the tube will put out to much smoke ... I have 2 Mini's but have never cold smoked in them... I use my smokehouse for that...