• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

COLD Smoking Cheese on the Smokin-It#3

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 3, 2011
Looks great - good Idea on the shrooms also I will have to give them a try. - Looks like you got some nice color on the cheese.

A full smoker is a happy smoker

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
I just love seeing the smoked cheese threads! (I've never smoked cheese but these look so very fun)! Great job!!! Cheers and happy weekend!!!!!!! - Leah

daves1811

Joined Sep 5, 2013
Wow!!! Well done!!! When I've done cold smoked blue I always leave it vacuum sealed for at least 1 month before opening, and the soft cheeses like Brie and havarti for at least 2 weeks. The hard cheeses were also at least 2 weeks before opening to let the smoke mellow in the cheese!

Once again, amazing job!!!

dert

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 3, 2013
Well, a week later I'll be vac packing them...

More to come!

roser

Joined Jun 9, 2013
That's some cold weather for sure!  And the cheese looks great.

Can you please elaborate on the diffuser you used?  I smoked some cheese before Xmas in my Smokin It #2 when the weather was around 10*F here and even at the lowest setting, the cheese at bottom of smoker near heating element started to melt.

Thanks!

Rose

dert

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 3, 2013
Opened the first pack last weekend. The cheddar was excellent. The Gouda good, and the rest less impressive...all ok though.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.