COLD Smoking Cheese on the Smokin-It#3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dert

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
MPLS MN
Looks great - good Idea on the shrooms also I will have to give them a try. - Looks like you got some nice color on the cheese.

A full smoker is a happy smoker

Wow!!! Well done!!! When I've done cold smoked blue I always leave it vacuum sealed for at least 1 month before opening, and the soft cheeses like Brie and havarti for at least 2 weeks. The hard cheeses were also at least 2 weeks before opening to let the smoke mellow in the cheese!

Once again, amazing job!!!

Well, a week later I'll be vac packing them...

More to come!

That's some cold weather for sure!  And the cheese looks great.

Can you please elaborate on the diffuser you used?  I smoked some cheese before Xmas in my Smokin It #2 when the weather was around 10*F here and even at the lowest setting, the cheese at bottom of smoker near heating element started to melt.

Thanks!

Rose

Opened the first pack last weekend. The cheddar was excellent. The Gouda good, and the rest less impressive...all ok though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky