cold smoker died need new thermostat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salmonclubber

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
forks washington
hello everyone

having trouble seeing all the great recipes and smoked foods that are in all the new posts here it makes me want to smoke in a bad way but my smoker suffered a massive power surge it blew out my thermostat and the burner so i am down hard until i can afford a new thermostat which wont be long i can assure ya that anyway guys keep up the good work everything looks great i will be back to making sausage and other fine foods real soon you all take care
salmonclubber

Sorry to hear that salmonclubber..... just out of curiosity about how much does a new thermostat set ya back now a days???

hey salmonclubber, if you get too itchy you can always drive up north a bit and visit......I don't have the capacity you do, but I'm sure we could have a few cold ones and make some good grub nonetheless
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

tonto

i can get a new thremostat from mcmaster carr for around $65.00 plus shipping so it is not to bad it just caught me between paydays is all or i would have one in the mail now

smoked

thanks for the offer i may look you up someday i dont get over there much but i do pass through your neck of the woods at times talk at you guys later
salmonclubber

That sucks. Do people not use hot water heater thermostats anymore?
And what's that? Another American that lives paycheck to paycheck? Looking at all the new houses and SUV's, I thought I was the only one.
My thermostat never breaks down. It's a couple of vents, a pile of wood, and and a poker.
icon_biggrin.gif

Hope you get it back up and running soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky