Cold smokehouse wood advice....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nitrousinfected

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Van Buren AR
I am planning to build a small smokehouse, using logs from my property, I have post oaks and cedars that are both plentiful and of the size I want. My question is will non treated barkless cedar cause any issues if i use them, honestly dont want to go cuttin my oaks

More like across the mountain from you, Im actually in Cedarville. I was into drag racing for awhile and a game site rejected NitrousInjected, so I went with Infected. Thanks for the advice

Yeah I have had thoughts of buyin some cedar slabs for it, but im planning to build this with just raw logs with bark removed, like a log cabin, and seal it with straw and mud. I also have a ton of pine trees the correct size, might use them instead.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky