Cold smoked salt and pepper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mojoman83

Original poster
May 22, 2019
Hi guys,

After months of reading on the forum I decided to cold smoke some salt and pepper with hickory

I used rock salt , Himalayan salt, and whole peppers.

Smoked for 8 -9 hours with hickory

I noticed the humidity in the air may have been am issue?

How long should I leave before putting in in the grinder for use?

20200209_170726.jpg
20200209_170713.jpg

Reactions: Jabiru
Looks good. nice work. Goes great with eggs, it is a finishing salt so I donT use it in cooking.

I just let it sit for 30 mins put in jar and fill up my Grinder, shake it in the jar every few days which will even out the colour.

I use a splatter mesh for smoking the salt lets smoke go right through it.

Looks good. nice work. Goes great with eggs, it is a finishing salt so I donT use it in cooking.

I just let it sit for 30 mins put in jar and fill up my Grinder, shake it in the jar every few days which will even out the colour.

I use a splatter mesh for smoking the salt lets smoke go right through it.
Cheers Jabiru.i might give it overnight coz of the humidity.

Cannot wait to try it out on eggs on toast.

Great color! For course spices I use these.
P2090553.JPG

Cheap and easy to find on amazon or e-bay.
I usually keep the spices the pepper and salt whole until ready to use in case I want larger kernels for a recipe.

Reactions: mojoman83
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky