• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

cold smoke with smoke vault

oldmangary

Joined Feb 17, 2011
What is the easiest way to cold smoke using a smoke vault smoker ? I have a smoke vault smoker and what to smoke susage and cheese. What is the cheapest way to convert my smoker to cold smoke? Or can you use this smoker to do that all by itself ?

Last edited:

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
The Amazen Smoker would be your best bet for doing cheese. For sausage you might try a needle valve here's a search on it

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/search.php?search=needle+valve

With cheese you want a true cold smoke for sausage you'll want heat but more than likely your smoker won't run low enough as it came from the factory but the needle valve should get you into the proper temp range

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I agree with the A Maze N Smoker - I have 3 of them and they just work like their name - customer service is the best and Todd is a member here too

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
I agree with the A Maze N Smoker - I have 3 of them and they just work like their name - customer service is the best and Todd is a member here too
what he said..............

jjwdiver

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 5, 2010
It will be hard to find someone who would not recommend the AMNS - those things are built great and they WORK!!!!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Yep, AMNS rocks!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.