Cold Smoke Generator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 21, 2009
Fruita, Colorado
I was asked by a member to re-post this.

I know there are many different designs of these, just thought I would share this simple one. Had a chance to play with the plazma cutter as well!

Built this for the neighbor who primarily grills with gas and has two Weber Kettles - he's not really into long smokes, but likes to hit it with hickory.

I used a piece of 2 1/2" drill pipe X 8" - tall enought that his grill would still close.   The bottom - I left this open using a separated iron grate. the top simply has two pieces of angle welded to the bottom to keep it from falling off. Handle is made out of chain with the links welded.

Here it is:
This picture is the bottom - showing the grate to allow air flow.  I use 6 to 8 lite briquets to fire it.  Once the briquets are loaded, I add small chunks, then wood chips.  You can't pack them tight - there has to be air flow.

This picture is the underside of lid (it just sits on top) to show what I did to keep it from falling off while moveing it around.

And there it is - Walle's Simple Shotgun Smoker!

Thanks for checking out my post.
Tracey

/ message sig

Reactions: erodinamik
That's great!  I've been wondering about cold smoking and that looks right up my alley.  Maybe I can get my bro to bust out his welder.  Thanks for the post!

Great idea Walle...looks like it would work well and a trick looking design also!!!  
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky